- Parent Category: Safety
- Published: 20 August 2014
- Hits: 1012
Protect Your Child From Electric Shocks
Parents should follow simple rules at home :
- Unplug all wires and electrical devices which are not in use especially electrical irons, hair straighteners, toasters, gysers etc.
- Regularly check all appliances for loose or damaged wires. Especially the ones which are of high voltage.
- Do not overload the sockets with many plugs at one time.
- Unplug the unrequired appliances before going to bed. Do not put them on standby mode.
- Unplug mobile chargers after charging as they could heat up and can cause fire.
- Unused sockets should be secured from kids.
Educate your kids on the following:
- Do not put finger or any object in the outlet.
- Never use electrical appliances around water.
- Never pull the plug out of socket with its cord.
- Wear rubber slippers when touching any plugs or switches .
- Never touch an electrical appliance or switches with wet hands.
- Do not touch or climb power poles.
- Do not touch metal transformers.
- Educate kids about warning signs and boards.