- Parent Category: Safety
- Published: 20 August 2014
- Hits: 1246
While Boarding the Bus
- Accompany your kids to the bus stop and wait with them till the arrival of the bus.
- Tell kids to stand behind at a safe distance about 10 feets behind as the bus approaches.
- Board the bus one at a time.
While Getting Off the Bus
- Ask kids to wait for the bus to stop completely before getting off.
- Teach kids never to walk behind the bus.
- If your child needs to cross the road after getting off the bus, he/she should wait for the bus to leave and stand back or cross from the front of bus after indicating to the driver.
- Teach kids to look right, left and right again before crossing the road.
While Traveling in the Bus
- Ask your child to be seated while bus is in motion.
- Ask you kids to use handrails when boarding or getting off the bus.
- Drivers should always follow the speed limit and slow down in school zones and near bus stops.